parburypolitica
Monday, February 12, 2007
  The story that wont go away
I have noticed that some people are searching for information about Cameron and his time in the Bullingdon Club at Oxford as i'm not a very rich aristo who went to oxford I haven't got the any inside information but judging by the debris he looks to have had an interesting time.

I thought this was an interesting line from the oxford student "Cameron was member of the club at a time when it was de rigeur to engage in the ‘man of the people’ pursuits of washing down “a cocktail of drugs with an honest, working class box of chips and a five pound bottle of wine”."

The bit that really irritates me is not the alleged use of drugs by rich tory boys but I think going and smashing a restaurant and buying your way out of it is just showing contempt for people of the highest order.

There is also more stuffhere, here, here, and here
 
Comments:
try the archive's of the oxstu and cherwell. in my time, a relative of the royal princes was one of those involved in the restaurant smashing affair. their defence? "We were just ahving some fun...and we paid for the damage, they should thank us for being able to afford tto redecorate the place now"

Nice.

I also have some Cameron stories, but I've been sworn to secrecy on them. And unlike a Tory (or all Tories, for that matter) I am a Scrybe of principle.
 
Of course I understand that you are a scrybe of principle. I wouldn't have it any other way. But what about the principle of not letting in a tory government in to bugger up the country.

I don't believe in torture to get information unlike Dick Cheney but am quite prepared to tickle for my country. Well it works on me at least.

BTW Have you gone to Coventry?
 
am going....you must attend my farewell drinks on 24th in Gordon's Bar.


I might go public with some of the stoories. I will certainly endeavour to dig up a few new ones without being so sworn.

I'm v. v. v. busy at the mo' so didn't get a chance to read your links - did you get the one about the other 'dining' society he was in where he lost the record book for an entire term? apparently they used to cause a fair bit of ruckus in ye olde town of Ox, and that would be inaddition to his bullingdon related ruckus.

some of Scrybe's secrets may have something to do with plagiarism. I see how he has since made a career of it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Parburypolitica!


powered by Bloglet





Jon Cruddas for Deputy Leader


The delectable Kerron Cross


Adele


Newer Labour


Fair Deal Phil


Luke Akehurst


Michael Meacher MP


ThaLondonDiaries


Dirty Leftie


Hamer Shawcross


Skipper


Omar Salem


Chris Paul

Locations of visitors to this page
Add to Technorati Favorites


ARCHIVES
July 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 /

Powered by Blogger