parburypolitica
Monday, February 12, 2007
  Bitch Fight!
For the reds Tom Watson and for the blues Iain Dale are having a right ding dong on Iain's comments section. Handbags at the ready. Go!

TW: It depends on the type of blogging I guess. Unsourced, anonymous blogs that run scurrilous stories and then allow anonymous comments to character assasinate an opponent - that's bad for democracy. It is made all the worse when sites like yours Iain team up with the likes of Paul Delaire Staines. You give them legitimacy where none is deserved. And you do yourself a huge disservice defending his behaviour on television. Don't you think it's time we made a stand against this nonsense?

ID: Tom Watson, I'm surprised you have the cheek to show you face, let alone come out with such guff. Yesterday you posted a smear on your blog about Guido Fawkes and have now had to withdraw it. Perhaps you should start practising what you preach - ah, but I forgot, you're a New Labour MP. You don't believe the same laws apply to you, do you?

TW: Ah, glad you mention the Guido thing. Let us see the outcome of this particular debacle with Paul Delaire Staines.Rest assured though, if I am wrong, or in this case, if the Guardian are, I will apologise. Saying sorry is something I note you have never done, despite there being a long list of people you have made made allegations about that were then proven to be totally untrue.

I see that Mr Delaire Staines has admitted on his site that there will be an "about section" later this month. At least we can put a name to the dirt he peddles now. Still, you've been defending his actions and protecting his anonymity for months now. That wont matter to you either way will it.

ID:Tom, There have been many occasions on this blog where I have got things wrong and apologised. You only need to trawl the archives to find out.How exactly have I protected Guido's anonymity? he was 'outed' months ago. You don't like him because he threatens your ivory tower. The fact that you pathetically use his middle name says it all.

Get back to undermining Tony Blair. It's what you do best. Having said that, you didn't get that right did you?!

TW: Not going away Iain, sorry.

Fair Deal Phil
Chris Bryant
Tim Ireland

Say Sorry to them.As for Ivory Towers. Don't play that one with me man. You're as establishment as I am. Tory Agent, candidate, A-lister, Campaign Director to the Shadow Home Secretary, BBC commentator. You're hardly Chez Guevara are you?

ID: Tom, oh dear. People really do seem to delight in demanding apologies where none are due.

FairDealPhil, I don't recall the exact details of this but as far as I can remember I was supposed to be apologising for something someone else said.

Chris Bryant, I was duped by a Guardian story. I admitted it within 90 minutes. It was me that looked the fool. He then completely overreacted. I deleted the post at his request even though it was me that it made look stupid, not him.

Tim Ireland is demanding an apology because I asked a question. Asking questions is what I am paid to do. If he took offence at the question then I am sorry, but he is being over sensitive. You and I have been called far, far worse. Do we demand apologies every time anything bad is written or said about us? No. You take it on the chin and get on with life.

As I said before, if I get something wrong or go over the top in my language, it is my custom to apologise. I don't really care whgether you accept that or not.
 
Comments:
Glad you liked it. You may like to know that he has started deleting my comments so I will not be able to continue the converstation.
 
Iain Dale deleted the whole of that exchange. Keep the quotes on your site, they're the only historic record left.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Parburypolitica!


powered by Bloglet





Jon Cruddas for Deputy Leader


The delectable Kerron Cross


Adele


Newer Labour


Fair Deal Phil


Luke Akehurst


Michael Meacher MP


ThaLondonDiaries


Dirty Leftie


Hamer Shawcross


Skipper


Omar Salem


Chris Paul

Locations of visitors to this page
Add to Technorati Favorites


ARCHIVES
July 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 /

Powered by Blogger