parburypolitica
Thursday, December 07, 2006
  Go, Walk out the door, just turn around now
I went last night to a meeting organised by Bethnal Green and Bow Labour Party where Charles Clarke called for Labour Leadership contender John McDonnell to leave the Labour party because he rebelled against the government so much.

Personally I think that his chances of success are not that great. How so? If with the thousands of prision officers and billions of pounds he had as home secretary he can't manage to get foreign murders and rapists deported at the end of their sentence, arguably a much more important task, then he probably wont be getting rid of John McDonnell from the Labour party as a backbencher.

The thing that struck me about his attack was its remarkably graceless nature, a characteristic of someone who is going no where near the labour leadershipor for that matter being brought back under the new regime. I mean why would Brown want or need him.

Jim Fitzpatrick pointed to the success of campaigning every Tuesday and Saturday with up to 35 people coming along. This is all very commendable and certainly the way to go if they want to retake the BGB seat at the next election but how many people are they going to get after the selection is over? I must be getting cynical in my old age.
 
Comments:
daym, I missed that bit!!! that's what happens when yout urn up late! I'm now a little surprised at CC'c explanation (given at the meeting) of his comments surrounding the september coup and Brown's credibility as a leader given this about JM. What else did I miss?
 
I came in late as well, a certain someone who shall remain nameless has an interesting definition of meeting at Mile end tube at 7.15.

Though I did get to see John M go through the ticket barriers there. I should so get a job at the house of commons where I have to be able to recognise even the most obscure MP.

When I eventually got there Charles C was getting to the end of 5 points he said but I missed them and the first think I noticed was this remarkable attack on john M. He was going at least Clare Short left the party and good riddence and why don't you follow her example.

John M did his bit about the missed opportunity that the goverment has had to tackle inequality and was rather good even if I say so myself. Though it has to be said that I wont ever vote for him as the public see him as unelectable.

He correctly identifed the need for the Labour party to change, it's just that he's not the man to do it.

Jim F was like I don't give a monkey's about the ideaology so long as we get the economic benefits in Tower Hamlets. Who'd have thought he would have served in that paragon of political virtue the whips office.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Parburypolitica!


powered by Bloglet





Jon Cruddas for Deputy Leader


The delectable Kerron Cross


Adele


Newer Labour


Fair Deal Phil


Luke Akehurst


Michael Meacher MP


ThaLondonDiaries


Dirty Leftie


Hamer Shawcross


Skipper


Omar Salem


Chris Paul

Locations of visitors to this page
Add to Technorati Favorites


ARCHIVES
July 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 /

Powered by Blogger